Staff Assistant applications are now CLOSED.
The Big Event is made possible by countless hours of behind the scenes work from our executive team, committee, and staff assistants. If you enjoyed participating last year, you would be a great fit for staff. Here are some reasons you should apply for staff assistant:
- Join the Family of Big Event by meeting nearly 300 new people who love community service, and who desire to make an impact the world
- Develop relationships with 20 residents and determine how best to serve them on the day of.
- Determine the job description, tool count, and participant number for every job site you check.
- Play an active role on day of in distrubuting food, tools, check-in process, problem management, tool bringback, media relations, and various other jobs.
- Have the chance to make an impact at Texas A&M University through impacting the community.
Email us if you have any questions at email@example.com and we look forward to seeing you on March 28, 2015!
What are we looking for?
The Big Event is looking for individuals who posses the following qualities:
1. Passion/Zeal to Serve-Those with a selfless motivation to serve people. We are looking for people that serve others regardless of their position or social standing.
2. Humility- We look for individuals who have a mindset and perspective that is greater than themselves and who can impact and affect the lives of those around them
3. Hard-Working- Individuals that give themselves to a worthy cause and will accomplish the dreams they set their minds to.
4. Self-Starter- We look for people that can deliver well not out of obligation but, because of the passion for service they posses, they naturally start, create and build new ideas.
5. Creative/Innovative- We look for people that relentlessly seek improvement and always posses the question: How can this be done better?
6. Synergetic- It is vital to have members that work well in a team environment and have experience in leadership positions. The family of The Big Event is built upon people that encourage one another.
7. Communicative- Finally we seek people with strong oral and written communication skills. As a member on The Big Event you will be contacting and meeting with companies and will need to be able to express your thoughts and ideas in a manner that represents The Big Event of Texas A&M.
How do we choose among applicants?
Applicants are chosen based on the needs of The Big Event Team for the year. The combination of the application and interview will be determined through a weighted scoring system. The Big Event considers the whole individual and the personal hard work, dedication to the service of others, and leadership skills exemplified through the application process. “The Student Government shall not discriminate against, nor give preferential treatment to, any person on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Prohibiting discrimination based on these factors in any and all forms. Big Event’s admissions process can be found in Chapter 104, Article 2, and Section 2 of the SGA Code. You have the right to appeal any committee decision to The Judicial Court.”
Please respond to the 3 questions on the Main Application on no more than 2 pieces of single-spaced, one sided paper, using Times New Roman 14pt font. Turn in three stapled copies of your responses with your UIN only at the top of each page, and paper clip the Main Application as a cover sheet to your responses.
What does a Staff Assistant do?
A Staff Assistant on Big Event is the hands and feet of the organization. Staff Assistants meet with residents of the Bryan/College Station community through job checks. On these job checks Staff get to know the story of the residents and will be in charge of organizing the details for about 18 jobs they will be assigned. Staff Assistants also have the incredible opportunity to recruit about 22,000 student particpants for the Day of Big Event and recruit about 2,500 jobs in the community. Staff Assistants will also be running the operations of the Big Event on March 28, 2015. Most importantly our Staff Assistants will be incorporated into the Big Event family. This family has deep traditions, and the character/selfless attitude of each individual makes this organization unmatched on campus.
We have many student leaders from across campus particpate as Staff Assistants and the time commitment is very managable for these leaders. Please review the mandatory dates and hours on the application for more details concerning time commitments.
Contact our Development Executives David Jordan and Katie Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application.